Join the BoRdeaux Institute of onCology (BRIC) research unit at the University of Bordeaux!
This joint research unit was created in January 2022 and is accredited by Inserm and the University of Bordeaux. This research unit brings together all the current strengths in cancer research.
The Common Laundry Service of the research unit is responsible for the sterilization of scientific equipment and the maintenance of linen. The team, currently composed of 3 persons, also participates at various levels in the research work of the 11 teams of the unit.
In this context, we are looking for a∙e Laboratory Laundry Agent.
The agent will carry out his/her activities in the common laundry service of the research unit, under the hierarchical responsibility of the Director of the unit and functional responsibility of Stéphanie LANNELONGUE - General Secretary of the unit.
Your missions will be to ensure the function of laundry and sterilization agent, to manage the stocks of consumables and the physical reception of the packages and to carry out the preparations and current interventions within 3 teams.
In this capacity, you will:
- Perform maintenance and sterilization of glassware and laboratory instruments
- Manage the professional linen
- Manage the consumable material (supply, storage, distribution, administrative follow-up of reception)
- Proceed to the evacuation of solid and liquid waste in compliance with the rules of hygiene and safety
- Prepare and manage stocks of common products (buffers, culture media, dyes, etc.)
- Carry out basic manipulations according to an experimental protocol on biological materials
- Receive packages for team 3
- Authorization to operate autoclaves: training may be offered by the Unit in order to obtain it if necessary
- Knowledge of health and safety rules applicable in the laboratory - Training will be provided by the unit's prevention officers in basic rules and pictograms.
- Work in a team, manage priorities
- Make simple mathematical calculations (dilution, rule of three...)
- Use common measuring devices (precision scales, pH meter, etc.)
- Have good interpersonal skills, know how to make yourself available and know how to communicate within the department
- Ensure the traceability of the actions carried out and know how to report on them
Gross monthly salary: 1700 €.
50 days of vacations per year
Fixed contribution to the mutual insurance company
50% of public transport pass paid
to apply : https://www.u-bordeaux.fr/universite/travailler-a-l-universite/personnels-administratifs-techniques-et-encadrants/offres-demploi/postuler/128
Site Carreire Université de Bordeaux
146 rue Leo Saignat