Would you like to participate in a major project that brings together chemists, biologists and medical doctors to fight breast cancer? You would join a consortium of scientists from France, Spain, Portugal and Ireland in a European project based at the University of Bordeaux.
The BOTS project "Blue Organoids for Treatment Selection" aims to select treatments for paIents based on the drug response of tumors grown as organoids. This programme was selected by the European Commission for the Atlantic Area Interreg programme. In this context, we are looking for a PhD student wishing to pursue a career working on tumor biology. The doctoral student will analyze the fundamental constraints linked to cellular identity which limit the success of organoid culture and confer resistance to certain subtypes of breast cancer.
The position is based in the INSERM BRIC unit U1312 in Bordeaux. The supervisor is Richard IGGO (professor of cell biology at the University of Bordeaux). Maria VIVANCO at CICBiogune in Bilbao will act as PhD co-supervisor.
• Understand mammary identity at the level of enhancers and transcription factors
• Modify mammary identity by adding and removing genes and enhancers
• Analyze the binding of transcription factors to enhancers using genomic techniques
• Develop organoid cultures based on Clevers and Welm protocols
• Produce lentiviral and adenoviral vectors for cell marking and editing
• Inject tumour cells into the milk ducts of mice
• Hold an MSc degree in a biological field
• Knowledge of cell culture
• Knowledge of molecular biology
• Knowledge of viral vectors (desirable)
• Knowledge of mouse research (desirable)
• Knowledge of programming in Rstudio (desirable)
• Mastery of scientific English
Starting monthly salary : 2100 €
More information : https://www.bricbordeaux.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/phd-student-bordeaux-bric-team-7-2023-11.pdf
Recruitment process: Please send a CV and covering letter to Richard.Iggo@u-bordeaux.fr
Bâtiment Bordeaux Biologie Santé (BBS)
Campus Carreire Université de Bordeaux
2 rue Dr Hoffmann Martinot